Triple R is a therapy based Domestic Abuse programme which has three aims:
- To enable victim/survivors to Recognise the abuse and its impacts on them and their children.
- To enable them to Recover from the abuse and support their children to do so.
- To develop Resilience by building on their strengths and addressing challenges in order to build a better sustainable safe future for themselves and their families.
The programme has four modules:
Modules and Sessions:
- Recognition: Naming abuse, Understanding abuse the cycle of abuse/trauma bonding
- Recovery: Psychology of abuse, the effects of abuse/the effects of leaving, Understanding identity/self esteem
- Children: Values and parenting, the effects of abuse on children/communicating with children about abuse, Keeping children safe
- Resilience: Physical and emotional risk/safety, Society and victim blaming, Moving on